If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top King Koil Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top King Koil Mattress For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top King Koil Mattress For Lower Back Pain