If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Kind Of Mattress For Stomach Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Kind Of Mattress For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Kind Of Mattress For Stomach Sleepers