So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Kind Of Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Kind Of Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Kind Of Mattress For Side Sleepers