You’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Internet Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Internet Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Internet Mattress For Side Sleepers