You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Innerspring Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Innerspring Mattress For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Innerspring Mattress For Lower Back Pain