You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Inexpensive Mattress For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Inexpensive Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Inexpensive Mattress For Back Pain