You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Hypnos Mattress For Side Sleepers Deluxe Pocket Spring
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Hypnos Mattress For Side Sleepers Deluxe Pocket Spring FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Hypnos Mattress For Side Sleepers Deluxe Pocket Spring