If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleepers 2020
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleepers 2020 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleepers 2020