You’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Hybrid Mattress For Side Sleeper