If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Hybrid Mattress For Pressure Relief
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Hybrid Mattress For Pressure Relief FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Hybrid Mattress For Pressure Relief