So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Hybrid Mattress For Combo Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Hybrid Mattress For Combo Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Hybrid Mattress For Combo Sleepers