So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Hybrid Mattress For Combination Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Hybrid Mattress For Combination Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Hybrid Mattress For Combination Sleepers