So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Hybrid King Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Hybrid King Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Hybrid King Mattress For Side Sleepers