You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Gel Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Person
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Gel Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Person FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Gel Memory Foam Mattress For Heavy Person