If you’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Gel Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Gel Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Gel Mattress For Side Sleepers