You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Full Size Mattress For The Money
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Full Size Mattress For The Money FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Full Size Mattress For The Money