So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Memory Foam Mattress For The Money
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Memory Foam Mattress For The Money FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Memory Foam Mattress For The Money