So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Scoliosis
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Scoliosis FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers With Scoliosis