You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Germany
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Germany FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Side Sleepers Germany