So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Consumer Reviews
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Consumer Reviews FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Consumer Reviews