So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Sleeping Mattress For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Sleeping Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Sleeping Mattress For Back Pain