So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Bed For Elderly With Back Problems
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Bed For Elderly With Back Problems FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For Elderly With Back Problems