So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best Bed For An Adjustable Frame
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Bed For An Adjustable Frame FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Bed For An Adjustable Frame