If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Gel Bed For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Gel Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Gel Bed For Side Sleepers