If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best Mail Order Bed For Back Pain
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Mail Order Bed For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Mail Order Bed For Back Pain