If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best Luxury Bed For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Luxury Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Luxury Bed For Side Sleepers