If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Luxury Bed For Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Luxury Bed For Lower Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Luxury Bed For Lower Back Pain