You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Luxury Bed For Adjustable Base
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Luxury Bed For Adjustable Base FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Luxury Bed For Adjustable Base