You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best Latex Hybrid Bed For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Latex Hybrid Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Latex Hybrid Bed For Side Sleepers