If you’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Latex Bed For Stomach Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Latex Bed For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Latex Bed For Stomach Sleepers