So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Latex Bed For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Latex Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Latex Bed For Side Sleepers