You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Latex Bed For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Latex Bed For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best Latex Bed For Hot Sleepers