You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Best Latex Bed For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Latex Bed For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Latex Bed For Back Pain