You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best Kurlon Bed For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Kurlon Bed For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Kurlon Bed For Back Pain