If you’re looking for a new mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Kingsdown Bed For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best Kingsdown Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Kingsdown Bed For Side Sleepers