You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best King Size Bed For The Money
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best King Size Bed For The Money FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For The Money