If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Best King Size Bed For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best King Size Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Side Sleepers