So you’re in the market of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Best King Size Bed For Platform Bed
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best King Size Bed For Platform Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Platform Bed