So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best King Size Bed For Overweight
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best King Size Bed For Overweight FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for several months by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Overweight