So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best King Size Bed For Lower Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best King Size Bed For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Lower Back Pain