If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Best King Size Bed For Heavy Person
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best King Size Bed For Heavy Person FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Heavy Person