So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Best King Size Bed For Heavy Couples
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best King Size Bed For Heavy Couples FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Heavy Couples