You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best King Size Bed For Bad Back
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best King Size Bed For Bad Back FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Bad Back