You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best King Size Bed For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Best King Size Bed For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Size Bed For Back Pain