So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best King Koil Bed For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best King Koil Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Koil Bed For Side Sleepers