So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Best King Bedes For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best King Bedes For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best King Bedes For Back Pain