If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best King Bed For Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Best King Bed For Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Best King Bed For Side Sleeper