You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Best Kind Of Bed For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Kind Of Bed For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Best Kind Of Bed For Side Sleepers