You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Best Kind Of Bed For Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Best Kind Of Bed For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Best Kind Of Bed For Lower Back Pain