So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Best Kind Of Bed For Kids
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Best Kind Of Bed For Kids FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Best Kind Of Bed For Kids